- It is the capital of Sweden
- It is the largest city in Scandinavia with a population of either 850,000; 1.2 million or 2 million depending on where you draw the line!
- It is known as the Venice of the North
- Mostly because it covers 14 islands and borders both the Baltic Sea and Lake Malaren
- It is a global city. 23rd in the world to be precise
- Stockholm was founded in 1250AD by Birger Jarl
- It once saw temperatures as low as -32°
- Don’t worry it also a high of 36°!
- It is one of the cleanest cities in the world and won European Green Capital for 2010
- It’s great for culture vultures with over 100 museums!